Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

3.31.2009

march 31

it's worth repeating that "a mediocre plan that's implemented beats a brilliant one that's not."

This is a tough one for me because I HATE mediocre. Mediocre makes my stomach turn. I have been a perfectionist since I can remember. Always had to be the best at everything. Highest grades. Best speech. And on and on. I have always been my harshest critic. I have never wanted to settle for mediocre.

However, lofty goals just sitting on a shelf or in a book somewhere don't do much good. When we sit in a committee meeting and talk about what we COULD do in the IDEAL situation, we are doing nothing but just wasting our breath if we never start taking action steps toward those goals.

So, if I have a goal to win a city for Christ, and my friend has a goal to just win her neighbor, people might say I am a dreamer, a visioneer, superwoman--and may think my friend is chicken or not living up to her full potential. However, if I never open my mouth and start witnessing and my friend wins her one neighbor, and then moves on to the next and the next, she is actually better off than I am.

Let's make some goals---and then start acting on them, especially if they are goals for our lives that God has called us to... worship, pursuit of holiness, telling others about Jesus Christ!

Blessings!

No comments: