Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

3.10.2009

march 10

it's worth repeating that "God trains you in a small sphere so you can handle a bigger one."

When I first became a youth leader at a thriving youth ministry as a college student, I didn't get to teach a class, or preach a message, or lead worship. My first task was to stack the chairs after service was over. I was called to the ministry, yet they had me stacking chairs. Some might walk away saying that their gifts weren't being used. Some might say that there are others who could do this menial task because they are called to bigger and better things. Instead, I just did it.

After I did this task for some time, the youth pastor asked me to help run the youth cafe, so I did it. It was another menial task, but something that NEEDED to be done at the time. So I just did it.

After a few months, the youth pastor called me in his office and asked me to be the lead teacher in a Sunday School class. This was a big deal because there were only a few teachers selected out of close to 80 leaders, so I was honored, but also humbled. But the same God who was with me while I stacked chairs, and worked a cafe, and worked with junior high girls at sleepovers, and talked to 5 students a week on the phone faithfully, was the same God who helped me take on this new opportunity.

Sometimes we want to handle the BIG responsibility right away, but God wants to test us in the smaller spheres of responsibility first. Are you willing to serve in what you consider menial areas in the church, in the home, or at your workplace? If you are faithful with the small things, God will bless you and put you over bigger areas of responsibility!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank of angels - everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him. COLOSSIANS 1:16