Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

3.27.2009

march 27

it's worth repeating that "sometimes we think God couldn't or wouldn't use us because of our weaknesses."

If there is a line of questioning I hate it is the questions that go like this:

"What are your greatest strengths?"
"What are your inherent weaknesses?"

I know these questions can be helpful in a job interview or placement service, but I hate answering them. I feel boastful talking about strengths, and embarrassed to label my weaknesses. What I really want to say is just go ask other people what they think about my strengths and weaknesses, or better yet, find out for yourself by getting to know me.

We all have strengths that make us valuable to a team or a company or a family. However, our weaknesses make us valuable too. They make us "real" to people. They help us to relate to others in our circle of life. Those who have struggled with a sin and been victorious knows better how to pray and counsel someone facing the same sin.

Don't let your weaknesses or past sins keep you from being the "salt of the earth". God still wants to use you...He loves broken vessels!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Very true!!! We all have weaknesses and we all try so hard to hide them. I'm so grateful God uses ALL THINGS (even our weaknesses) for His good.