Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

3.23.2009

march 23

it's worth repeating that "if you've been traveling the road to success but neglected to bring your family along with you, make a U-turn."

Don't you just love alarm clocks, and wake-up calls? They make sure you stay on track for your day's schedule.

This devotional today is a wake-up call to all parents--especially to me. I love my children. They are such blessings. There are times, though, that I think of only MY dreams, and MY desires. And when I let myself get caught up in that way of thinking, I start to think of my children more as burdens than blessings. And I am sure it is reflected in my attitude, long-suffering, and temperament with them.

I don't ever want to assume that my children know that I love them.... I want to make sure they know that I love them and that I am so thankful to be their mom.

I want to honor God by being the mom that He desires me to be for my children.... So, Lord "I need your help, especially in my home." (Ps 101:2 TLB)

Take time today to show the love of God to your children....and to show them your love for them, too!!

Blessings!

No comments: