Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

3.01.2009

march 1

it's worth repeating that we should not be led by our wounded egos, but but be led by God's Word..

Ouch!!  That one stings a little.  I have really been upset about something before..hurt by someone's words... and wanted to lash right back out. Let them know I'm mad.  Make them feel my pain.  God's Word doesn't give any place for revenge, backlashing, or bad-mouthing.  Instead it calls me to humble myself and forgive...  

There have been people that I have hurt... with my actions or words, and I have been called on it. In my "forced" humility, I have had to make a choice whether I was going to defend my "rightness" or live by God's righteousness.  Not easy.  Not natural.  

Lord, help me to be a forgiver, and to also humble myself to ask for forgiveness when necessary... don't let my ego get in the way of Your Holy Spirit...

How has the Lord spoken to you today through His Word?  
Did God do anything special in your life today during our church service?

Let me know.... Tell me everything... Don't leave out any details...

Blessings!

No comments: