Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

3.24.2009

march 24

it's worth repeating that "paul learned to add grace to his grit".

If we are all grit and no grace, then we are like sandpaper to people's hearts and souls.  It's painful for people when we just speak the truth to them.  If we add some grace to our grit, it enables us to speak the truth in love.  People are able to hear us better and accept what we are saying to them if we sprinkle our conversations with them with grace.

I tend to be a pretty "black and white" person, and about 8 years ago realized that my personality was tending to seem brash and overbearing.  Sarcasm became my primary means of communication, and I was always quick to debate, defend, even demoralize if I could win an argument or "be right".  As I was reading the Word, I started praying for a gentle heart.  The Bible says to let our gentleness be known to all, because the Lord is near.  I was so convicted by this passage of scripture because I was only showing my grit, not so much grace, and certainly wasn't characterized by gentleness.

Thanks God he gave me a second chance...okay, many chances....to be the person He has called me to be!!  And He is still giving me grace.....

Blessings!


No comments: