Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

3.03.2009

march 3

it's worth repeating that "among many Christians today there's a strange logic suggesting that spiritual resource and renewal are found in constantly seeking new voices, attending more meetings, listening to incessant music, and gathering to exchange half-thought-out opinions..."

Have you ever been overstimulated before? I know my children have. WHen they were little babies, and someone was in their face talking to them, and their was loud noise in the background, and the lights were bright in the room, and the person talking to them was wearing an extremely bright shirt with sequins on it... you get the idea. They just started to cry...and wanted some peace and quiet.

I have had overstimulating days of phone calls, emails, text messaging, music practices, children screaming through the house, TV noise or music in the background, a to-do list a mile long, and laundry piling up around me... it can all get crazy!

I have learned to love silence and solitude. I used to just get bored and not really know what to do when I was alone, but now I love the stillness of a quiet room, or an expanse in the outdoors, or an early morning or late night when everything is quiet and at rest. I realized a few years ago that I not only like "alone" times, but I desperately NEED them, to be renewed and reminded of God's love and sovereignty in my life. I NEED Him to speak to me. I NEED to meditate on His Word.

Sometimes we have have to stop, really stop...and just listen, meditate, and sit with our Savior to really understand His heart for us...

So, pencil Jesus in today... you won't be sorry you did!!

Blessings!

No comments: