Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

3.09.2009

march 9

it's worth repeating that the story of David is "a testimony to the justice of God that won't allow us to escape our consequences, and to His love that will never let go of us."

Everytime I read the story of David, how he was chosen to be King, how he defeated Goliath, how he fled from Saul, how he never took revenge, how he fell hard with Bathsheba, how he murdered Bathsheba's husband Uriah, how he struggle raising his children, I am reminded of the nature of God, the justice, and also the love.

Some people tend to be more just and less loving...some all loving, and completely unfair. The truth is what sets people free, but love is what helps them to get up and move forward.

God is the perfect balance between truth and grace. It is SO hard to help our kids understand that their actions demand consequences. When I read the story of David and see the consequences he had to suffer because of his actions, part of me says that he deserved it, and part of me says that he asked for forgiveness, so why couldn't the consequences go away. There are consequences for our sins, but the consequence will never be that God will stop loving you--NEVER!

He teaches us the way of righteousness sometimes through the consequences of our decisions, but His love is always there to help us deal with them, not matter how difficult they are.

God loves you, so he disciplines you...He disciplines you because he loves you...

Blessings!

No comments: