Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

4.22.2009

april 22

it's worth repeating that "if you're not spending time with God, you're spending it on whatever has become more important to you than Him."

I have heard many people say that they just don't have enough time to be able to pray and read the Word. There were many days as a young mom I didn't think I would ever get back to a daily time of prayer and Bible reading. Someone encouraged me to do a time inventory. Keep track of what I do with every minute of my day...

I am a busy person with many responsibilities and three "needy" children. However, i saw in that time inventory that were some time-stealers in my life that, if better managed, would open the door for me to have that daily time of prayer and Bible study, even a time of meditation and solace.

One of my biggest time-stealers was the internet. I would justify it by saying that I am doing "ministry work" by keeping up relationships, researching for sermons, finding new ministry ideas...etc... When it came down to it though, I KNEW I needed my time in prayer and the Word MUCH more than I needed time on the Web...

I don't know what your time-stealers are, but whatever is keeping you from spending time with God is also zapping life from you, because there is no life apart from Him...

Blessings!

1 comment:

Joe said...

Hello! I appreciate your blog comments very much. Thanks for squeezing in the time to do it.

Hey -- it's worth repeating that "I appreciate your blog very much" -- and appreciate YOU.