Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

4.20.2009

april 20

it's worth repeating that "when it comes to understanding things, we have our territory, God has his."

In life, it's just as good to know what you can't do as knowing what you can do. One of the limitations we all have is our understanding. I don't always understand the move of God, the purposes of God, the discipline of God, or even the love of God. In all honesty, there are some things about God that I just can't understand.

I can't understand why God loves me. I can't understand why God shows so much grace. I can't understand why God doesn't instantly kill anyone that hurts a child. I can't understand why God would want to have a personal relationship with me instead of treating me like a slave or subject. I can't understand why God gave His son to die for people who spit in his face.

It's very good that God is God and I am not. After all, God has unlimited love, grace, patience, care, compassion.... much more than I ever will.

There are times I really wish I could understand more than I do. When a close friend shares with me a deep hurt, or a situation he or she is in, and I feel at a loss for words...I hate that. I wish I had the right words, the perfect prayer, the SOLUTION for them. It is in those times, I have to rely on the fact the the Lord understands, and I just need to show love....

It's okay that you don't understand everything....you can lean on a God who does!!

Blessings!

No comments: