Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

4.15.2009

april 15--TAX DAY

it's worth repeating that "anger handled the right way doesn't have to destroy."

Speaking of anger, have you ever looked at how much money we pay the government and get angry...just a sidenote...haha!

Anger is one of the strongest emotions a human being can feel. It is right up there with fear. And if we're not careful, our anger can control us, instead of us controlling our anger. I have been VERY angry before, even for right reasons, but because of the way I handled my anger, I didn't end up looking very righteous.

At the beginning of the devotional today, it gives a great analogy of two forceful personalities in a relationship being like two rivers flowing into one...that would describe my marriage! Some people marry their opposite...opposite temperament, opposite spending style, etc... Matt and I are very similar, and we are both strong personalities...if you are nodding your head right now, then you know what I am talking about.

In the early years of our marriage, as we were trying to become one as a married couple, we had many clashes of our own. There were some smaller rumbles, and then there were some severe thunderstorm warnings. Over the years, we have had to learn many lessons in communication, servant leadership, selfless love...

And one of the most important things we have had to learn is to be honest with each other about our anger, our frustrations, our hurts...so that they don't take root into our marriage and turn into resentment, and bitterness...

In every relationship, there will be opportunities to get angry....and there will also be opportunities to then forgive, and find peace again... Take the high road!

Blessings!

3 comments:

Graces Place said...

hi aunt amanda!!!!

Shellie Stephens said...

It is so weird because I have been letting my anger control me terribly in the past year especially. The other night I was in a restraunt and blew up and cursed and my husband just looked at me like he didn't know me. He asked me where his wife was. That is how I have been and have been so depressed and just am loosing the battle at times. Please pray for me and my husband. Thanks for your wise words. Love ya, Shellie Stephens

Amanda Valantine said...

i will definitely be praying for you shellie...thanks for your honesty!!

Hi Grace!