Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

4.21.2009

april 21

it's worth repeating that "attitude determines whether you see life through the eyes of faith or the the lens of fear."

I have always tried to teach Annie, my 7 year old daughter, to not say "I can't". Annie can get pretty frustrated when she tried to do something and it's not working out. She often will start to cry and just say, "I just can't do it!"

Maybe you can relate...I know I can! In my life, I have been presented with opportunities, some bigger than others, but all great opportunities to show the glory of God in my life. Sometimes I find myself jumping up and down inside saying, "Bring it on!" and then other times, usually when the opportunity is something I have never tried before, I feel my spirit-man shrink back in fear, and saying "I just don't think I can do it."

When I feel myself giving into the voice of fear, I know there is only one place to turn....the Word of God! I love to read the narratives in the Bible of ordinary people doing extraordinary things because of the power of God! Some of my favorites are Elijah and Elisha, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, Daniel, and the apostle Paul....of course my favorite character in the Bible is Jesus! As I begin to read how God used these men, protected these men, showed his glory and power through these men, my spirit-man starts to rise up again and say, "With God's help, we can take this hill!" I force myself to remove the lenses of fear that are covering over my eyes of faith... I choose to see what God wants me to see!

Do you find yourself basically just scared of life, scared to be used by God, scared to say yes to what the Lord is asking you to do? Feed your spirit today from God's Word, and remember "It's not by might, nor by power, but by MY spirit", says the Lord.

Blessings!

No comments: