Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

4.02.2009

april 2

it's worth repeating that "When people are serving, life is no longer meaningless."

When I read the book of Ecclesiastes (which I highly recommend), I see the word "meaningless" several times. In fact, I almost get tired of hearing the word. It does make me evaluate where my joy, peace, security, etc.. lie. The writer of Ecclesiastes had fame, fortune, and more wisdom than anyone had ever had before his time. Yet at the end of his life , he felt it wall all worthless.

We can accumulate stuff during this life, we can accelerate our careers, we can achieve great status, we can earn several educational degrees, but there we will find no inherent meaning for our lives in those things.

I don't know about you, but the times that I most feel like I am "living" are the times when I am serving. When I give to others. When I help someone in need. When I take a pot of soup to a sick person. When I help my little son or daughter do a puzzle. When I do something that helps my husband to have a better day. When I pitch in on a community or church project.

I find purpose and meaning for my life as I serve, just the way Jesus did. Jesus did not come to be served, but to serve, and that is the highest calling...to walk as He did.

Blessings!

No comments: