Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

10.08.2008

this little light of mine

it's worth repeating that God desires for us to become brighter and more beautiful every day...

Today I was reading in 2 Corinthians..the chapter just escaped me...it is 3 or 4..in the Message Bible.  it rocked my world.  the verses leading up to the final verse of the chapter talked about how we have been set free from legalism, and the law of condemnation.  it talked about seeing God face to face...and then the kicker..the final verse spoke about becoming brighter and more beautiful every day in the Lord...

wow!!  i don't know about you but there are many times i feel more burned out, and not brighter, and more aged, and not more beautiful every day... i look at new Christians and remember how bright I once was..I look at those who have been forgiven of all their sins for the first time and see how beautiful they suddenly are...and I envy them.

As Christians, long-time followers of Christ, we have to shake off those things that cause us to become dim, foggy, and critical... we have to shake off the attitudes, the entitlements, the self-righteousness, the sarcasm, and become more beautiful every day..

what a challenge... the end of the verse tells us how... when Christ comes in, we become brighter and more beautiful as time goes by.. we don't rot and break down like the world around us...

have you invited Christ into every part of your life today??  let your light shine!

Blessings!

No comments: