Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

10.04.2008

don't give up on love

it's worth repeating that God calls us to love without stopping....

wow...love has really gotten a bad rap in our culture.  people use the word so flippantly, and even about stupid stuff... i LOVE him, i LOVE her, i LOVE this, i LOVE that... then the very next moment they change their minds and don't love anymore...

i am so thankful to God for His unconditional, unstoppable love... so many times I haven't deserved it at all, so many times i didn't treat God and live for Him as if i loved him...so many times God could have rightfully turned his back on me and taken his love somewhere else...but He never has...and never will..

It's interesting in 2 Corinthians that God calls us to show love that doesn't stop loving... i guess i am the type of person that loves so strongly that i feel like i can't stop loving even if i try... i may stop trusting, and i may get hurt, but i have a hard time giving up on loving someone... or even something...  i have a hard time parting with things that hold special meaning to me....even if their better days were many days before...

as i think about the changes in our lives that we are going through, i know i will never stop loving the students of xlr8 and the people at dayspring who are like family to us... i know i will never stop loving my husband and children and walking on this journey of life with them, even when the going gets tough...and i know i want to stop questioning once and for all whether God loves me and has His best in mind for me... his love has never stopped for me..why would it now?

Blessings

No comments: