Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

10.30.2008

i will survive

it's worth repeating that an encouraging word from someone that matters to you can get you through just about anything....

Tonight, I watched Survivor with my hubby..it is a Thursday night ritual in our home. Although after seeing the previews for next week, I don't know how much longer we will be able to watch it in good conscience. We will have to see...

Anyways, tonight was the night that the winning tribe's reward included receiving letters from close family and dear friends. It is always the same.... Everyone responds differently, but everyone is so moved that they don't know how to respond... Some yell, some scream, some cry, some get very quiet, and some get very loud... Whatever the initial response, though, the end result is always the same... each one is spurred on to continue and is reminded that because of the support and love that they fell, they can survive...

I don't know where you are right now in your journey, but I have been in survival mode lately...in the wilderness, wondering what is going to happen. I am hanging on every encouraging word, whether from the Word of God, or from someone I trust whose words really matter to me... These en "courage" ing words give me some courage to keep on keeping on...

Who is hanging on to your words of encouragement today?? Your words have the power to give someone the courage to keep going...so tell someone how much they mean to you, tell them how great you think they are, and then watch them smile and keep on swimming along...

Blessings!

3 comments:

Jenilee said...

Hugs and Prayers to you, Amanda. You have so much on your plate right now. Remember, HIS strength is made perfect in our weakness. God is faithful. and Get Joy! those are my two words I tell myself when I feel tired or overwhelmed. I need to remember my Joy in the Lord and all He has blessed me with. Sometimes, its just enough to put a smile on my face again.

:) Jenilee

MyThreeSons said...

Amanda,
Thanks for the encouraging words! I needed that today! It amazes me how when I encourage someone else that the Lord encourages me to keep going! I will be praying for you! I love the passage in Psalm that says Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens!

;) Tonya

Christa Lund said...

Amanda, Love you and understand. Take in a breath of God and trust. Praying for you!!!!