Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

9.14.2008

When I am gone...

it's worth repeating that as a leader you will reproduce what you are...

Wow! Reproduction is a whole other subject that I don't ususally talk about until February when it comes up in the dating series!

I am sitting at an XLR8 worship practice just thinking about how much the students of XLR8 have grown in their gifts and talents for music and worship-leading...AMAZING!

I have tried to give my all and teach them everything I know while I have been one of their youth pastors. I have tried to pull confidence out of them and make them believe that God can use them! Some of them have grown so much!! And I am so proud of them! Soon, they will surpass anything I have ever done...I know that for sure!

I can remember how timid some of them were, how worried they were that they would mess up, and now I sit back and watch as they not only make it work, but they LEAD each other, and are training other musicians!

Now, I am off to a new mission. I will be starting with a new worship experience, and working with new musicians, and raising up new worshippers! It is an overwhelming task to start over again...but as I sit here and listen and watch these students, I know that God can give me the strength to do the work He has put before me... I want to leave a legacy wherever I go...

What legacy are you leaving?? What will people say about you when you leave?? Are they better for knowing you?? Or are you just exisiting?? What are you using your influence to accomplish?? Are you training the next generation to take the reins when it is their turn??

These are tough questions to ponder..but I know with God's help we can do the work He has asked us to do...

Blessings!!

No comments: