Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

9.29.2008

soon and very soon

it's worth repeating that it's easier to say see you later than goodbye...

this has been a week of goodbyes for me...we just finished our final youth activity with the students of XLR8, and what and awesome time we had! It was so bittersweet, and there were times my emotions overtook me (thanks, kati, for loving me) , but God used that weekend in spite of all the tough emotions to get His work done, and I thank Him for that.

last night was our farewell reception at the church, and it was so great (thanks to the greatest friends in the world)... at first i was so overwhelmed with emotion, that i just wanted to leave. i couldn't imagine saying goodbye to all of these wonderful people that have become like family to me, and have loved me, my husband and kids as one of their own... the reception was so personal..they made all our favorites, and even used my favorite colors to decorate...wow!! i could feel the love, and i t was amazing. I pray for everyone that one day you could feel that loved, and could know how much people care for you...

as i was saying goodbye, i was reminded that one of the most amazing things about being in the kingdom of God is that we never say goodbye, we only say see you later... one day, we will spend eternity with each other. my brain can't comprehend that right now, and my humanness does not want to let go, but i know that when i get to heaven i will once again get to be part of an amazing reception...a welcoming reception, and all these same wonderful people will be there once again...

be encouraged today, that we only see a very small part of the picture... one day, we will rest from this life's work, and have complete peace and joy... don't grow weary, and never give up... take risks, and live life to the fullest... God bless the people of Dayspring....

Blessings!

No comments: