Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

6.09.2012

The Ugly Word

Selfishness. Not a word I like to associate myself with. It's an ugly word. It's something I teach my kids is super bad! Yet I find myself at my core a selfish person.

Every time I find myself dealing with temptation, I find my selfishness at the core of it.  I want something I can't have. I want more of something that I already have enough of. I want my own way. I want to buy more things. I want to have more me time. I want. I want. I want.

Sounds ugly when I say it out loud. 

Learning to be content is a process. But it starts with a decision to say "enough is enough". I have enough. I am enough. I don't lack any good thing. 

And it's true. I don't lack any good thing. I have a relationship with Jesus Christ that I have never had to earn and should have never deserved. I have a husband who loves me for who I am and is my biggest fan on this planet. I have children who hug me and kiss me every day. I have friends who make me feel so valuable. I have my dream job! I have a home, two cars, and a hammock!

I am so blessed. 

And I would just bet that if you would take time to spell out your haves instead of your have-nots, you would see that you are amazingly blessed as well!

The next time selfishness tries to invade my brain... I will battle it with contentment because I have God's "more-than-enough". 

Recognizing that you are enough and have enough will help you move forward on the road to recovery.  So take that step forward today. Remember, it's one step at a time...

Blessings!

5 comments:

usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.