Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

3.01.2010

Work and Energy

It's worth repeating that "It was God giving me the work to do, God giving me the energy to do it." (I Corinthians 15:10-11, MSG)

This is a quote from the apostle Paul, one I am so grateful he said...

I am entering a new chapter in my life. Actually, I feel like I have several chapters being written at once, but I am entering into a season of ministry again. I am excited, but also a bit hesitant. I tend to be a doer. I do the work. It is my energy doing the work. I get tired. I become anxious that there is work. I get angry that I allowed myself to have too much work. I pray. I surrender. I feel better. Back to the beginning.

However, I truly believe this ministry chapter of my life is going to be different than the previous chapters. First, I have decided to let God bring the work to me. I am not going to promote myself to get ministry jobs... I am going to let God bring to me what He has for me. There is so much peace in that for me. Can't you just feel the relief in not worrying about planning your future perfectly??

Second, I am going to let Him provide the energy to do the work He brings. I have found that when I quiet myself before Him, when I stop striving for perfection, when I surrender my plans to Him, He gives me the energy and even an excitement to do His work!! I am so thankful that He gives the energy I need... especially since most of my energy gets used up by my very energetic family. And He knows that. There are times I feel no natural energy, but as I allow God to put His work and will in my heart, I feel a supernatural energy from within, and can't wait to get working on what He has for me... Can't you feel the excitement of not having to become addicted to caffeine and an imbalanced lifestyle to do the Lord's Work???

As I begin this new chapter, I think I will title it... "God-Initiated Opportunities... No Coffee Required!"

Blessings!

3 comments:

Jim "E" said...

Good stuff amanda... thanks for sharing...

Jim "E" said...

Good stuff amanda... thanks for sharing...

My journey said...

wow...such inspiration! Where are you attending church lately?