Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

2.27.2010

Fathers Needed! Finger-Pointing Discouraged...

It's worth repeating from I Corinthians 4:15, "There are a lot of people around who can’t wait to tell you what you’ve done wrong, but there aren’t many fathers willing to take the time and effort to help you grow up."

If there's one thing I have learned in my life through my experiences, it's that people respond to the shortcomings, sins, and weaknesses of others in different ways. I am not saying that the way they respond is inherently wrong...but definitely diverse!

When we are confronted with the humanness of others, the fallenness of others, we have a choice to make. We can pounce on them and remind them of everything they've done wrong (which they have probably done to themselves more than we can imagine), or we take the time and effort to help them as friends and even family.

It is my goal in life to be the latter.

It says a lot about who we are by how we respond to the faults of others. If we have truly experienced the mercy and grace of Christ, and the restorative power of the Holy Spirit, who are we to withhold it from the people around us who need a father, and not a finger-pointer?

I would love to hear your comments...

Blessings!

2 comments:

Jenilee said...

From someone who has experienced the restorative power of the Holy Spirit, I agree that it takes grace and forgiveness, mercy, time and energy. and so well worth the effort. Restoration is an incredible blessing!

Toni said...

God has shown me through recent experience that "mercy triumphs over jugdement." Also, "it is His kindness that leads us to repentance."