Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

5.20.2009

may 20

it's worth repeating that, "When you commit your life to Christ He will change you."

I know this seems like a simple, no-brainer statement. But I want to show you what many Christians believe to be true: When you commit your life to Christ, you will have to change yourself. Hello?

The truth is that many Christians believe they are saved by grace, not works...but then they believe they must work really hard after that to remain in Christ.

I am so thankful that God still gives grace each and every day to cover each and every sin.

In all honesty, we could never have enough willpower to change ourselves. Our hearts are too deceitful. Our minds too stubborn. But when Christ gets a hold of us...He begins to change us through the "washing of His Word", and He puts a new heart and spirit within us.

As you read God's Word, you will see things in your life that you know need to be changed. All you really have to do is open the door by confessing and be willing to change as you receive God's Word to be true and apply it your life.

I know it sounds simple... that's the best part!

Blessings!