Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

4.13.2010

Question only God can Answer

It's worth repeating that "Jesus was given to provide life and value to each one of us." (Families Where Grace is in Place, Jeff VanVonderen)

There are some questions that only God can answer. One of those questions is, "Do I have value?"

Whenever we start looking to others for an answer to that question, we begin to give other people power over us that is not theirs to have. If I am so concerned whether you think I am valuable, than I am going to do whatever it takes to make you think I am valuable. I am going to keep trying my best and doing more and more to earn your approval. I am going to act the way I think you would like me to act instead of being myself and comfortable in my own skin. And that is too much power to give anyone in your life....yes, even your spouse, your parents, your closest friend.

Our value comes from God alone. He created us and He validates us! Do you remember when John the Baptist baptized Jesus? The heavens were torn open and the Father validated Jesus by saying, "This is MY Son, in whom I am well pleased." Jesus was validated by the Father. He could take all the criticism and insults from the religious leaders, He could handle the people who didn't believe in Him, because His value was not found in whether people approved of Him or not.. His value was found in His Father, and His Father was very pleased with Him.

If you find yourself looking for value in what others think of you, or even in the tasks or job you perform...STOP! That is a dead end that leads to some great pits-- depression, self-pity, resentment, bitterness, pride, etc...

Look only to God for value and worth... that is where life begins! Can't you just feel the freedom in getting to be who God created you to be...HIS child, in whom He is very pleased!!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Sooooo true! Sooooo done living the way others want. There is so much freedom in that. I only need to be what Christ is asking me to be and nothing more!