Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

4.08.2010

And the winner is....

It's worth repeating from the Apostle Paul (who, for the record, is one of my favorite writers to quote!!) when he was writing to the Corinthians in 2 Corinthians 13:8, "We're rooting for the truth to win out in you."

I don't know about you, but sometimes I can get on my soap box over the dissolving of absolute truth in our society as a whole. I will confess I sometimes worry about the effects it will have on my children that they will grow up in a society that believes the only constant about truth is that it is constantly changing. How can people know the truth and be set free if the truth is always changing?

I have seen firsthand what deception looks like when it takes over someone's mind, someone's emotions, and even someone's soul... I have seen people who knew the truth at one time become bound by lies that could destroy them, but they are living their own truth... what seems right to them, and we who know the Truth know where that leads. The way that SEEMS right to us is not necessarily right at all, and can ultimately lead to death. I have seen marriages die because people did what SEEMED right to them. I have seen children abused and neglected because people did what SEEMED right to them. I have read in history about dictators who tried to wipe out entire nations because it SEEMED right to them. How can people be held accountable if there is not an absolute standard? How can we reach people who have become so deceived by the enemy that they are following their heart, instead of following the Spirit of God?

It may seem cliche to so many, but the truth is that sometimes all we can do is pray for the Truth to win out... to rise above all the lies... to set bound people free!! Are you rooting for truth to win out in your husband? your wife? your children? your "not-yet-saved" family? our government? our schools?

I will confess I am not a cheerleader... but if there has ever been something I will cheer for, it is for God's Truth to go, fight, and WIN!!

Are you with me?

Blessings!

By the way, tomorrow I will be writing a post based on a book that is all about lies and truth! You will not want to miss it! I will also have info on how you can get your hands on a copy of the book! It is especially for women--old and young!

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Who wasn't a cheerleader? Amanda is so modest. She was CO-CAPTAIN of the cheerleading squad in middles school!!!

Another great blog!