Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

5.29.2008

It's worth repeating that you become what you think about..

I am an obsessive thinker..I analyze and reanalyze everything--especially when it comes to making decisions. Sometimes it's a good thing because I step back and look at all the pro's and con's before I make a life-altering decision. On the other hand, there are some things I don't want to over think all the time, like what to wear, where to eat, what others think about me...

One of the bad things about being an obsessive thinker is that I often think too much about my own weaknesses, or faults, past mistakes, or what God has for my future instead of just resting in Him and believing that He holds me in the palm of His hand.

So, I have to make a daily decision to believe that what God says about me is true, and then let my feelings about myself line up with the facts!!

Do you struggle with thoughts in your head about insecurities and past mistakes? Do you have a hard time believing that what God says about you is true?

God says you are "more than a conqueror", "a royal priest", and His child. He has clothed you with the righteousness of Christ, and has things for your future that are beyond your wildest imagination...

So, now what will you think about?? Remember, that's what you will become..

No comments: