Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

5.27.2008

it's worth repeating that you become like those you surround yourself with...

I am so thankful for great parents, patient mentors, honest (yet loving) friends, "fired up" young adults and students. Everywhere I look, I am challenged by those I surround myself with to be all that God has called me to be...

most of the time i am surrounded by my 3 children, who can in a span of 10 minutes, inspire me, motivate me, frustrate me, bless me, and crack me up!! never a dull moment! annie inspires me to live life to the fullest, kaitie teaches me to take risks, and nash reminds me to SMILE!!

I also hope that those whose circle of influence I am in feel that I bring life and support and love and joy to their lives. I hope that Christ living in me inspires others to be the man or woman God has destined them to be.. i want to be a life-giver, and not an energy-drainer!

So, who are you surrounding yourself with?? And what kind of influence do you have on others?


2 comments:

Joe Cotter said...

I too believe very much that you become what you think about....so I have a hard time explaining that when I was in middle and high school I used to think about girls all the time. But grew up to be a boy. Somebody help! Love to a wonderful daughter Amanda....Dad

Amanda Valantine said...

ha! ha! very funny..i think the issue wouldn't be about becoming a girl but about being a lady's man...hmmmmmmm.love you too!