Welcome to my blog!

My blog is personal. It's real. It's about me. It's about life's struggles. It's about amazing grace. Relentless hope. Second Chances. True Recovery. It's my journey. Thanks for joining me!

10.18.2011

Future Faith

Anxiety is one of the strongest emotions a human body can feel.  It is also one of the most debilitating.  It can paralyze you.  Keep you from moving forward in your life, and rob you of peace, sleep, and joy.

Having been diagnosed with panic disorder almost 10 years ago, I know how anxiety can ravage the body, soul, and spirit.  When I'm dealing with anxiety, I can't eat..literally.  My gag reflex goes into high gear and my body rejects food.  My soul feels hopeless and disconnected.  My spirit fights to keep the faith.

So, what do we do with anxiety?  How can we recover from it's debilitating grip?  This may sound cliche, but we have to keep our eyes on Jesus.  And more specifically, vizualize Jesus with us in the present and in the future.

We can get so caught up worrying about what the future entails with regards to finances, relationships, job situations, health issues that we think we somehow have to bear our future on our own.

When was the last time that you thought about your future and imagined Jesus in the future with you?  Sarah Young says, "Anxiety is the result of envisioning your future without me (Jesus)".   Boy, am I guilty of that sometimes.  I make plans and lists, develop strategies and action steps, but it is all an attempt to control my future so I know I will be successful and strong.  It's not very often that I vizualize Jesus in the future.

In one of Jesus' famous sermons, He says, "Do not worry about your life, what you WILL eat; or about your body, what you WILL wear."  The word "will" has never popped out to me like it did a few days ago.  Don't worry about future needs.  Instead, develop a deep, relationship with Father who knows what you need and is already in the future now working things for your good.

Anxious?  When looking at today or tomorrow, picture Jesus with you there.

Blessings!